SURPRISE!

"We're going to need another ticket next season...our little Gamecock is expected to arrive July, 2018"
On October 29, 2017, our first anniversary, we found out that we are expecting our first child!

I did not suspect at all that I was pregnant but because of some ongoing issues, I decided to take a test so that when I went back to the doctor I could say for certain that I was not pregnant. To my surprise, I took the test and it was positive. Complete shock took over me, the word "YES" on that screen was the last thing I expected to see. Aaron was in the living room and I gasped, he responded very anxiously "what does it say?" I walked out and said, "It's positive". This was not at all how I envisioned sharing the new with him. I always thought that I would take the test in private and find a cute way to surprise him later on. With him being in shock as well, his response to me was maybe you should take another one just to be sure... I was already thinking the same thing just because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. So, I took four more over the course of the next week...all positive!


We were very shocked at first because we were not "planning" this. We actually just had the conversation the day before we found out that we would probably like to wait another year or two to expand our family. God sure has a way of putting us in our place and reminding us of Who is really in control!

We had planned to not tell anyone until we were at least three months along but, because I was so sick I decided I needed to tell me parents because I needed some help and advice on how to deal with it all. We told our families later that week and once we had our first appointment we told our close friends and the rest of our family.

This is by far the best surprise we have ever received! We are so thankful that God is in control and orchestrated this all so perfectly for us.We could not be more excited to meet our little "Pumpkin" in July. While time is passing by very quickly it is not moving quite fast enough for me.I am so ready to meet this baby! We are already so incredibly proud of him/her and love them so, so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay On The Thankful Side

General Life Update 2018

Thoughts