Pregnancy is NOT what I thought it would be...

Before I got pregnant, I heard women talk about the miserable-ness of it all but I also heard a lot about how wonderful it was. Yeah, those women that have nothing but wonderful experiences... I don't have anything nice to say to you. I am just kidding, I have to have some humor about all of this or I would literally go insane!

I was talking with my lung doctor and after I picked him up off the floor from him laughing so much at my appearance (for some reason I am a really funny looking pregnant woman, everyone gets a kick out of it), he told me "You women that have children really are saints, us men could not do. We could get knocked out and punched around but have a baby, forget it!" Pregnancy really is all about endurance. There are so many changes that a woman's body goes through over the course of nine months and we literally just have to sit back and let it happen. It's all worth it for the end result but in the process it's not always fun.

I am honestly not complaining at all in this post, I am just sharing my experience about this process so please read it through that lens. 

To start with, I was very sick for longer than the amount of time everyone promised I would be. I think it was week 18 when I finally felt complete relief and could manage a day without taking medicine to prevent nausea and vomiting. Even with the medicine, I was still sick but I was able to keep some food down and sleep peacefully at night. The first trimester was pure survival mode for me.

Second trimester came and the energy that was promised didn't. I felt somewhat more normal because the nausea and vomiting subsided but I did not feel great. My skin freaked out, I am not kidding I really think I had an allergic reaction to pregnancy. My skin has never been as bad as it was during pregnancy. I had rough patches on my arms, legs, neck and they were so itchy! My face also  was so red and broken out from Rosacea. I wish I had a picture to show but it was so bad that I couldn't even bear to document how it looked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay On The Thankful Side

General Life Update 2018

Thoughts